The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2018/2019 NBA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn to I love me some Dray.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Green turns out to be a great major player....and John was right all along. GS is just the best team to watch play in history. I don't think Green is the greatest defensive player, but he is the smartest. Really in great condition. Don't know how he'll get written up in history, but, in my view, he is better than Dr J. of old. He's not even a jerk anymore.

With the Lakers being the joke of the NBA, I'm jumping on the GS bandwagon. ---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Russell is the best defensive player ever, and probably the smartest in the context of his time. :)

Dray is an all-time great defensive player, like Kawhi. I don't think they're first team all-time. Dray also plays in an era that is good for him, where he doesn't have to guard people like Shaq when going to the Death Lineup. Probably in other eras he would stick to being a PF who could guard anyone for PF down to PG in a pinch. That kind of was what Pippen was in the other direction - could guard from PG up to PF in a pinch. I think that Pippen was probably better on defense... and as well thought of defensively is still underrated on that end. But Dray is similar.

Of course Pippen did it for longer, and we don't know how Dray will age.

Rodman is similar in the variety he could guard. Had the longevity as well, as he still could elevate his defensive game in his Bulls years.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green was calling himself the greatest D player a couple of days ago...not me.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. I was being critical of Dray's ego there. I love him, be he can be nutty. :)
corrado

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucks lose 4 in a row and the Raptors head on to face the Warriors.

I think Durant or no Durant, Cousins or no Cousins, I got the Warriors in 5.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool for Toronto.

First two games are in Toronto, and things are really stretched out until Game 3 in the Bay:

Thu 05/30 @ TOR
Sun 06/02 @ TOR
Wed 06/05 @ GSW
Fri 06/07 @ GSW
Mon 06/10 @ TOR
Thu 06/13 @ GSW
Sun 06/16 @ TOR

If KD isn't really ready, and needs rest, it's a full 9 days of rest until they are back in GSW. Not saying the first two games aren't important, but they could lose them and "home court" hasn't really killed them yet. They would need to hold at home and win just 1 of the 2 remaining games in TOR to take the title.

That might also put pressure on Kerr as far as how balls to the walls he goes in Game 1 & Game 2. It made sense to go balls to the wall to end the last series quick and give the team rest. You could run Steph and Klay into the ground knowing they had days off all the way to 5/30. Might not want to risk that in the Finals.

On the other hand, there are two days off between every game, so there is more time to recover. Will be interesting.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Toronto wins, and its going to be interesting if/when Durant returns, and if he leads the Warriors to victory in the Finals. And then bolts to NY/LA.

That was the first time imo, that Durant's absence was truly felt. He could've stopped Kawhi, Siakam etc. Boogie Cousins returned but didnt have much of a impact.
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a very shoddy 1st half that could've been 2-0 for Toronto, Warriors came back to even the series. They lost Klay Thompson, and Looney. But they survived, even if they didnt have the best 4th quarter. Good to see though Boogie Cousins have a nice game 2. And a clearly hobbled Iggy had a very clutch shot to help them win. They needed that in a big way.

And now they are in the driver's seat. Maybe they should keep Toronto guessing if Durant is going to play. Or Klay Thompson too.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the stuff about Lowry getting pushed by a owner is a bunch of shit. He crashed into those seats & he could have hurt that woman & a old man. So he got pushed. It hardly moved him. The pat on the back from the woman was harder. It's a joke. The stud NWA athlete couldn't have even feel it. Say "sorry" and go back into the game & play. Forget the whole thing. Doesn't matter if the guy cussed at him. You run into my wife & I'll tell you off too. I had to watch the film 30 times before I saw the push. It's the NBA that puts people in those seats & it's dangerous. Fine it. I don't care if the guy is an owner, it was nothing.---Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klay Thompson and Looney returned after missing Game 3, but the Warriors still lost and trail 3-1

Now the question is will Durant return for perhaps the final game of the season. Looney returned despite being dianogsed as missing the rest of the postseason. And will he start anew with a possible trek to an NY team. Or will he stay with the team that needs him more than ever?
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got to play Durant now. A calf injury may pull again, but it's not major if he does. There is nothing to lose. It would really hurt his rep, if he didn't. Do a Willis Reed.--Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did play tonight. And played well. But he got hurt again, and we might not see him for the rest of the series.

Warriors gutted out the win tonight. After another superhuman 4th quarter by Kawhi that would've ended the season, Warriors went with what got them championships in the past, the Splash Brothers hitting 3's.

I still don't know if the Warriors have what it takes to make this the reverse of 2016. It'll be difficult if Durant is out.
corrado

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Durant has an Achilles injury. That just sucks. Awful
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the stranger nights of hoops that I've ever seen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: