The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2017/2018 NBA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee....James needs only 362 points to pass Jerry West on the all time Finals scoring list. That means he only has to average 131 points a game in the next two loses. ---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he goes to Philly, he'll get to break it sooner or later. :)

Maybe a reason to root for him to come to the Lakers, since he sure as heck isn't taking us to the Finals any time soon.
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Paul has been recruiting his buddy to go to Houston. But I can't see that happening. Him competing with Harden? No.
guren

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw wrote:
There's little visual signs that he's badly banged up like we saw early in the playoff return. It's vintage stuff.

Basically yes. One thing I noticed, though, is that Steph has gotten his shot blocked more often than usual in the playoffs. In 13 games, he has gotten his shot blocked 16 times, including 5 times in Game 4 of the WCF and twice each in the first two games of the finals. This equals a blocked rate of 1.2 per game, which is quite a bit higher than his regular season average of 0.4. He only had 21 shots blocked total during the regular season in 51 games and the most shots he had blocked in a 13 game stretch was 8. Then again, it is more likely that this is just randomness due to small sample sizes and good defense, and not a result of his knee injury.

glenn
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James has to stay in the East to go to the finals. In Houston he'll also be taking the ball from Paul. I can't see the three being together & they need their center to stay. If they do get James, which I can see, Paul has to go. Him & Harden seems like another mess too. But really Houston was the 2nd best team, I'd try to keep it together, and try again. GS is going to slip sometime.

Do you think James could somehow get a Boston job? And move a couple of kids? No way??

Paul should go to SA & carry that team back. Pop likes old guys & he'll control everything....well until he gets injured in the playoffs.--Yohe
guren

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
Do you think James could somehow get a Boston job? And move a couple of kids? No way??

I follow a former NBA blogger who Tweeted the same thought earlier today. Obviously the Celtics would have to trade Kyrie, though.
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw wrote:

Maybe a reason to root for him to come to the Lakers, since he sure as heck isn't taking us to the Finals any time soon.

So these Rockets damn near beat the Warriors, but a team with LeBron and Paul George couldnít?

You donít believe that shit.

Jagdip
guren

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAG wrote:
So these Rockets damn near beat the Warriors, but a team with LeBron and Paul George couldnít?

Well, maybe if they get Jordan Clarkson back.
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakers got a 1st back in that trade.

LOLOLOL

Jagdip
guren

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You mean we get the 1st round pick?!?

That was insane.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAG wrote:
jdw wrote:

You donít believe that shit.

I do believe that shit.

Lonzo can't shoot, which would be pretty wild playing off Bron.

Ingram tosses up less than 2 three pointers a game, which isn't exactly a floor spacer.

Randle and Capela are the same age, and I would take Capela any day of the week to play off Bron or Harden or CP3.

We don't have a Gordon instant offense guy. Not a single player among the kids plays defense like Ariza.

I like Kuz, but he plays the same spot as Bron and George... and Ingram.

There's no off guard who would defend the point guards that Lonzo can't defend.

Wait... are Zo and Ingram even going to be healthy?

Bron and George on the Lakers would get their asses handed to them by the Dubs. And by any number of other teams, to the degree that the whole roster would be remade by mid-season when panic hit over how the pieces didn't work together at all.

Good lord, do any of the kids on the Lakers look like the kids on the Celtics that gave the Cavs everything they could take... without Kyrie and Hayward? Other than Lakers Fanboys, the isn't a single person in the NBA who thinks the Bron+PG+Lakers Kids = NBA Title Contender~!
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear - I'm not saying Don't Sign Lebron. I'm mixed about that, but not completely an atheist to the concept of signing him.

I'm just far from convinced that it turns us into a real contender.
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the kids would be flipped.

You know this, but your post had to be ridiculous as it was. Kids remain static, etc.

Not to mention the Lakers would have a MLE that would bring back a Lopez and the other ring chasers LeBron attracts.

Doesnít take a genius to see that LeBron + a poo poo platter = contender. Unless youíre arguing Love is better than George. And/or the Cavs pu pu platter roster is better than what the Lakers would have. You donít have much of a point.

Jagdip
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before tonight's game, here's a list of teams that Bron could be talking to this offseason:

https://sports.yahoo.com/7-teams-stephen-smith-says-lebron-james-will-consider-free-agency-185206547.html

Given who the source is, a lot of it sounds farfetched and fantasy. Like the Warriors and Heat ( I don't know if I see Pat Riley and Bron breaking bread given the still lingering heat they have).

I'm a little surprised the Knicks aren't mentioned. Mainly because of Coach David Fizdale. He's someone who Bron trusts, with him being an assistant to Bron's Heat. It seems more of a long shot than the Warriors or some of the other winning teams, but Fizdale has more history with Bron than many of the teams listed. And they're far from Finals material, but maybe he'll attempt to something no one thought possible.

But I still think the clubhouse leaders are Philly and the Cavs.
guren

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to a podcast hosted by Howard Beck of Bleacher Report with guest Jason Lloyd of The Athletic, Dave McMenamin of ESPN, and Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com. All three guest are Cavs beat writers who have been following LeBron around for the past few years, and longer in the case of Lloyd. Beck posed the question to them of, "If LeBron stays, the reason will be..., and if LeBron leaves, the reason will be...?" Someone, I think it was Jason Lloyd, put it very succinctly. He said that if LeBron stays it will be for non-basketball reasons, and if he leaves it will be for basketball reasons. We'll see which he values more in another month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: