The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2016 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another blockbuster move as the Panthers rescinded Josh Norman's franchise tag, and he's signing with Washington for 5 years/75 mil.

Which means twice a year of Josh vs Odell. Which should be fun.

But this may also be a message from the Panthers, that no one is bigger than the team. They moved on from Greg Hardy after his countless arrests/idiotic decisions. And Norman showed a lack of class from time to time, namely his battle with Odell Beckham.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect a lot of it has to being cheap and/or looking down the road at their cap. Norman wanted to get PAID. He slapped away the Panthers early offer. So the Panthers were looking forward to contract fights with him in the coming years, needing to franchise him, etc.

Norman played it right: he did get PAID. :)
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fearful of looking at Simmons' twitter feed to see him losing his shit over DeflateGate today. ;)
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bill Simmons @BillSimmons
FREE TOM BRADY
9:54 AM - 25 Apr 2016

That's a little disappointing.

Though perhaps he was worn out from all those Celtics-Hawks tweets that are almost a one man circle jerk. ;)
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More bad news for the League

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--nfl-players--medical-records-stolen-from-redskins-trainer-184127308.html
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady announces on Facebook hes dropping his appeal for Deflategate, meaning he'll serve his 4 game suspension. And barring a sudden

It's up to the rest of the AFC East to capitalize on this.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our nightmare is over. :)
Mike Campbell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone here used the NFL Game Pass service, and can tell me if it's a good investment of $99?

Being a Chicago fan in NY doesn't give me a ton of chances to watch their games live (l only got four last season), and while I'd obviously prefer to WATCH the game. Listening live, is better than staring at the phone or website waiting for updates. The wifey told me that if I want it, to just go ahead and get it and that's my father's day present this year. But I'm just looking for anyone's experiences with it.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read a lot about it. Seems like it makes games available after they're over:

https://www.cuttingcords.com/home/2015/8/1/the-nfl-gamepass-has-launched-in-the-us-heres-why-youll-still-want-the-international-version-and-how-to-get-it

I haven't read much about it since launch.
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the more surprising success stories of last year resigned with the Jets. Ryan Fitzpatrick returns for 1 year, 12 mil. Again, his Harvard education paid off for him.
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Giants Kicker Josh Brown was suspended just one game after a 2015 domestic violence arrest. The Owner of the Giants, John Mara surprisingly stood by him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/24/giants-owner-says-theres-no-reason-to-cut-kicker-josh-brown/

I'm stunned, among other words, why he's still employed. It's not like hes one of their stars. I can understand though, that finding another kicker is difficult. Still he crossed a huge line and he should be punished, more than a game. By the NFL and/or the Giants.

And I also wonder if Coughlin were still around, he would've been cut.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo breaks another bone in his back. :/
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure people are aware of what Colin Kaepernick was up to, but because it can get into politics, I'll post something there, for those who are interested.
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a Quarterback Nonsense Rankings for you, inspired by the guy who originally put them together, Mike Tanier.

http://in-thinair.com/2016/09/07/the-qb-nonsense-rankings-with-apologies-to-mike-tanier/
corrado

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here are some of the top stories for the first 2 weeks of the NFL season.

1. The Patriots, despite the suspension of Tom Brady, are 2-0. Garrapolo has really shown a lot of promise. However he suffered a shoulder injury on Sunday and will probably not play on Thursday. Still his stellar play may either make him a target for half the teams this offseason, or he could be the possible heir to Tom Brady. (his week 1 victory was a comeback win at Arizona and might be the most impressive win so far these past 2 weeks) They have the Texans and the freefalling Bills, before Brady returns. to face the Browns. They'll most likely be 3-1, which has to be a success for the Patriots missing Brady, and Gronk too.

2. The Giants and Eagles are tied for the lead in the NFC East at 2-0. The Giants so far have been avoiding what they did a lot of last year, with failing to preserve their leads late in the game. And also Victor Cruz has come up big so far. The Eagles might be one of the more surprising teams so far, with Carson Wentz as their starter.

3. I think the Broncos might have a chance at back to back Super Bowls. Primarily because of the defense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: