The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NFL 2015 Week 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: NFL 2015 Week 16 Reply with quote

Well the NFC East has been clinched, a week earlier than usual. Washington clinched it tonight with a win over the Eagles.

Aside from the usual controversy with the team name, they've been the least dysfunctional team in their division this year. They actually have their franchise QB (for the next couple of years at least) And they avoided the usual RGIII drama.

Of course they'll be blown out if they face Seattle wild card round.
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the bid for perfection is over for Carolina. They lose to the Falcons.

The more intruging result was the Jets taking control of the 6th seed by beating the Pats in OT. Belicheck actually wanted to defer in OT, which shocked everyone. Well his constant deferring finally caught up to him as they lost on the first OT drive.

So basically every playoff team with the exception of Washington has something to play for next week.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop the champagne. :)
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think more and more, Carolina may not even make it to the Super Bowl. I think Arizona might be the favorite now. Even with the Honey Badger out, they still look very dangerous.

Next Sunday Night's game will be for the NFC North title. I think I'm leaning towards the Vikings. Green Bay hasnt been the same this second half of the year, and probably would be on the outside looking in, if it wasnt for that Hail Mary in Detroit. Plus Minnesota has Peterson.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought having to get through AZ and/or SEA was going to be tough for Carolina. I think Carolina is a very good team. They just never felt like an overwhelming lock to win the Super Bowl.

I do think it's going to be a bit of a wide open post season with 4 or so teams that could win it all. Not quite like last year where it felt like SEA and the Pats were the two after the Broncos faded late.
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Denver is in the playoffs, after an OT win over the Bengals. Jay Glazer was right, this is Brock Oswilder's team now. THat could've been very bad for Denver if they missed out on the playoffs, after being one of the best teams in the league for most of the year.

And now with the growing controversy regarding Peyton Manning and HGH, I dont think he'll be a Bronco again. Even though it is a nonstory, I would think Denver doesnt want a circus overshadowing what they have now.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the NFC East. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: