The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2015/2016 NBA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that but most of the time your writing so much crap that very few want to get threw it all.

James is a great defensive player...period.

Keep your fucking dinners.---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bron wasn't a great defensive player for most of the season. Great at times, good at time, subpar at times, occasionally poor. There are plenty of pieces out there showing it, and it was pretty clear in plenty of games they played this season. Hell, you probably don't have to look hard to find Lebron himself talking about how he needs to pick up his defensive game along with that of the team.

That's been the case for him for a number of years: he picks his spots. This series was a spot. He was great defensively in this series.

If you can't read that as saying he was great defensively in the series, I don't know what to say. I was pretty explicit about it.

As far as writing something long, you're kind of famous for writing long pieces, Steve. How'd you like it Bruce Mitchell took a look at your Lewis piece and said, "It's took fucking long... I don't have time to go through all that." You'd think he was copping out.
JAG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were Rodman or Payton in the same universe as Kobe as offensive players? You never have nor will give Kobe credit for being Cooper on 5 Laker title teams as well as being the engine of the offense. But it's alright, he's retired now.

As for Curry and the Finals, don't give me 3 good games out of 13 and accuse me of trolling. ;)

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAG wrote:
Were Rodman or Payton in the same universe as Kobe as offensive players?

No. Look at where I have Worm and Glove on my Top 50, and where Kobe is.

Quote:
You never have nor will give Kobe credit for being Cooper on 5 Laker title teams as well as being the engine of the offense.

Yep, I never gave credit for anything:

Top 50 Ranking for Kobe Bryant
Jagdip: #6
Elliot: #6
jdw: #7
Yohe: #14

I mean... seriously, Jag? You're looking at the wrong person to toss the "never gave Kobe credit" spot at. :)

This is a bit like Flair Fans getting bent out of shape when you (i) point out imperfections in his work while (ii) still staying he's an All Fucking Time Great Mutherfuckin' Worker. Flair can obsesses about (i) to such a degree that they never notice (ii).

Number fucking seven. He's above Shaq comfortably on my list, even though I always had the rep of being on Shaq's cock while being the Kobe Hater. Come on... :)

Quote:
But it's alright, he's retired now.

Thank god. ;)

Quote:
As for Curry and the Finals, don't give me 3 good games out of 13 and accuse me of trolling. ;)

3 good?

Good:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201506040GSW.html

Good:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201506090CLE.html

Good:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201506110CLE.html

Terrific:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201506140GSW.html

Good:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201606050GSW.html

Terrific:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201606100CLE.html

He's been good or better in about half his Finals games. He had another one or two that might be "solid".

You're trying to say that only games that are like Game 4 this year count as "good"? :)
JAG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the Kobe stuff was said in jest.

You're using a pretty loose standard for good Finals games for Curry there. I wonder how Kobe's 38 games would grade out under that system. ;)

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that the majority of Kobe's would rate at Good to Terrific. Dude is #7 of all-time on my list, while Curry is (at the very least) bumping Walton off the #50 spot. I would hope my #7 all-time would be "good plus" at least 50% of the time. :)

As far as loose, I don't really think so. 18-9-4 on 7/11 shooting (4/8 from 3P) in 25 minutes of a blow out where he was +25 in those 25 minutes... that's a 26-13-6 per 36 minutes. That's a perfectly good game.

I'd call that a good game for Kobe if he put that up. If he did it on 6/20 shooting in 25 minutes of a blowout win, I'd have to give it some thought. That's a lot of gunning and bricking, but the rebounding and assist level would be a positive from Kobe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: