The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2015/2016 NBA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did miss Draymond, but more importantly Lebron and Kyrie stepped up big-time as each had 41 points and saved the Cavs season.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising that having Dray out meant the Warriors defense went to crap. He's the anchor to it, and the key to switching and help.

Kind of surprised that Steve hates Green. Draymond is an extremely smart, hard working, talented heel world champion. He just happens to lose his head from time to time and cheat. But The Destroyer ticked off all of those same exact boxes: extremely smart, hard working, talented, cheating heel world champion.

My favorite player in basketball right now, and it's been a while since I've liked a player this much. Maybe since Duncan was in his prime, though obviously Green isn't *that* good. I do wish he didn't hit people in the balls, but it's kind of like wishing Beyers didn't bite people. It fits the character. ;)
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it when Dick bit people. Nothing wrong with that. Green would bite people's dick. The wording is different. Green could use a mask too. ---Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So GS wins this title. How many in a row can they win? Are they like the Lakers with three....or are they going to be the 60's Boston Celtics of the post-2000s.

Thought last nights game was great.--Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogut out the rest of the playoffs. That means less depth up front for the Warriors.

I wouldnt be surprised if Iggy stays a starter for the next game (or 2)
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Game 7 on Sunday. Just a dominant performance by Lebron and by tristan Thompson too. Bogut's absence may be very costly to the Warriors.

And we also saw a side of Steph Curry we never saw before. Throwing his mouthpiece at a ref after fouling out. Very out of character. But there were some questionable foul calls.

So this could go either way on Sunday. Cavs may have a chance after all.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GS just got their ass kicked by the best player in the world. We'll see who is the best team on Sunday.--Yohe
JAG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck the world, Curry isn't even the best player on his team. That Finals flu got him again, he needs some anti-bitchotics.

I've never seen somebody as dominant as LeBron the past two games. Now he's gotta close, but he's left little doubt who the heavyweight champ is. Damn.

Jagdip
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Sunday, the "Will Lebron opt out and perhaps go somewhere else" problem for the Cavs might return:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-james--golden-ticket-083357630.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It seems less and less likely he'll take his talents to a another team, espically after last night. I would bet Durant is more likely to bolt. But that may be getting slimmer and slimmer as well.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I loved last night was the talk about two guys getting over 40 points in a finals game and the most combind total between two guys....and West & Baylor was #1. It was the night Elgin got 61 vs Boston. It was my first NBA game and the one that made me a fan. Baylor got those points going against the best defensive team in the NBA, and against the best defensive forward (Sanders) who was backed up by the best defensive center in the NBA & in history.

Then they had a list of guys who had scored 40 points in two straight games during the finals. There were 4 guys.....and Jerry West did it twice.

Both West & Baylor were outside shooters, and those totals didn't count 3 point shots.

So that put me into a good mood.

I haven't heard from the great John Williams in two weeks, it's so hard to get him to shut up....so I'm wondering if he is in Washington DC? Maybe he peaked too soon and can't talk.---Steve Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asleep when you called last night. Long day, watched Game 6 live, then fell asleep during the boring post game talk.

At my folks this weekend. Will be back for Game 7.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
What I loved last night was the talk about two guys getting over 40 points in a finals game and the most combind total between two guys....and West & Baylor was #1. It was the night Elgin got 61 vs Boston. It was my first NBA game and the one that made me a fan. Baylor got those points going against the best defensive team in the NBA, and against the best defensive forward (Sanders) who was backed up by the best defensive center in the NBA & in history.

Box Score: April 14, 1962 - Los Angeles Lakers at Boston Celtics
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight's the night.

I do think it will easily fall short of a classic game. Just because this is a 7-game series, doesnt mean its a classic. No very close games at all.

Warriors 118
Cavs 105.
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was finally a close game, and the Cavs made history by coming back from 3-1 to win the championship. Just a superhuman effort by Lebron. A triple-double and one of the most epic blocks you'll ever see. Also a big game from Kyrie Irving as well.

This is going to hurt the Warriors for a long time. After the best regular season of all time, they started to slowly have more and more problems in the postseason. Culminating with them losing the championship.

Unlike the Cavs, the Warriors' road to return to the Finals next year will be more difficult. With the Spurs, OKC, the Clippers, Portland, and the Wolves on their footsteps.

In conclusion, this is probably Lebron's greatest triumph. Winning a title after trailing 3-1. Kevin Love as his center. But what can he do for an encore? Probably a lot more.
guren

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the ending was a touch bitter, this was a fun NBA season. Congratulations to the Cavs. To win 3 straight, including 2 at Oracle against a great team is phenomenal. I am happy for LeBron, and especially for the city of Cleveland.

glenn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: