The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Circus that is the New York Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably best if they fall apart, miss the playoffs, and give the opportunity for the franchise to consider rebooting things (i.e. cleaning house).

John
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefty is saying that Rex is most likely coming back, next season.
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10221576/new-york-jets-rex-ryan-nfl-luckiest-man?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Hilarious. And true too.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@AdamSchefter 17m

Jets and head coach Rex Ryan have reached agreement on a multi-year extension, according to team and league sources.

Rexy is in it for the long haul.
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Didn't expect the Jets were going to extend Rexy.

I guess we'll find out if Izdik actually knows what he's doing when he builds the team. The Jets are set up to have a good amount of cap space available and they can free up more when they release Sanchez (and it will make sense to do so from the cap standpoint).

But it really comes down to how they build the team over the long haul. Time will tell, I suppose.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That's... odd.

John
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently its not a slam-dunk as it pertains to being for the long haul.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/16/ryan-makes-an-un-rex-like-decision/

Now they need a better set of skill players to enable Rex to stay the Jet coach for the long haul.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes more sense. Remove the lame duck, give him "authority in the locker room" with the player thinking he'll be back in 2015 as well, but the team also hedging their bets that they'll be on the hook for just 2015 if they fire him next year.

I'm less negative on it than Florio is. I don't think there's a big market for Rex at the moment. He got another year of $$$ onto his deal. If they fire him at the end of this year, he can sit out for 2015 and (if they're interest in him) pick which team he wants to coach after the annual bloodbath. I think kind of smart on his part.

John
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/17/new-york-jets-star-kellen-winslow-jr-target-parking-lot
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez got cut today, which paved the way for the Jets to sign Michael Vick to a 1 year deal.

Vick is a noticable upgrade over Sanchez. But you gotta wonder what they were thinking with Geno Smith, who had flashes of greatness last year.

Meanwhile I dont think the Jets are going to leave the Circus anytime soon. People who havent forgiven Vick for his dog crimes are sure to let their thoughts be heard:

@MichelleDBeadle 40m

Looks like mama is on the market for a new football team....
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already controversy over whether or not Michael Vick wants Geno Smith to give up jersey No. 7.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/03/michael_vick_reportedly_wants_geno_smiths_no_7_if_he_comes_to_jets_ridiculous.html
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the season is halfway over and the Jets are 1-7. Arguably, their most disappointing year in a long time. The Jets failed to capitalize when the Patriots were being vulnurable at the beginning of the year.

Their only win so far was against the hapless Raiders. And even that win was a nail-biter. Their best overall game was a loss against the Pats, which came down to a blocked field goal.

There is a case for the schedule being one of the main reasons. Given that the Jets faced the Pats, Denver, the Chargers, the Bears, the Lions, and the Packers.

Their schedule gets easier, but it could be too little too late. Even if they go on a roll, it'd be hard to ward off Buffalo and Miami. They have exceeded the slim expectations I have had. esp. Buffalo. Kyle Orton as the QB has been a pleasant surprise.

So the Jets will probably be looking for a new QB next year. Besides Geno, Vick hasnt done much to make him the full-time starter.

Time will tell if Harvin will be a big factor for the Jets, after the stunning trade with Seattle. But his behavior with Seattle could make him a one-year wonder for the Jets.

As for Rex, maybe he gets one last shot next year. I wouldnt be surprised if that happens.
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-rAu4TtTmM

This is hilarious.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Woody is going to keep Rex around for the rest of the season, barring a 1-12 start or something like that. Woody likes people talking about his team, and if they're talking about Rex, at least they're talking. :P
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24775085/eric-decker-asks-fans-why-they-love-the-jets-sadness-hilarity-ensues

http://nypost.com/2014/10/30/eric-decker-learns-it-doesnt-pay-to-be-nice-when-youre-1-7/

Amazing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: