The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Following the LA Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the Clips have very few draft picks headed their way. It's going to be a while before they get a very talented young star on their team.

If there's a glimmer of good news, is that in 4 years will be when the Clips leave Staples Arena for Inglewood.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't change the players. They've only been there for a years. But reason says you have to do something. Sorry Doc ..... maybe quit & save face before they do it.

As for George....I'm sure he'll come up with some excuse ..... something must be hurting or broke. Can't blame it on Kawhi....he has been a stud all his career.

One move I'd think about is making a starter out of Harrell. ---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc has several years left on his contract - his mini-extension went through 2020/21, and was replaced by a "long term" contract extension during the playoffs last year. He was making $11M, but I think that included the GM aspect as well as coaching. He might have been down from that. Anyway...

He's probably got another 3-4 years left on his deal. He's not quitting and walking away from that money.

Ballmer had no problem eating the money of the front office thinks Doc needs to go, and Claw wants him to go. Since Claw is only signed through the end of next year, they want to keep him happy. Their future is flat out dead if Claw leaves:

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

Quote:
2020 first round draft pick to New York
L.A. Clippers' 2020 1st round pick to New York [L.A. Clippers-New York-Washington, 2/6/2020]

2021 first round draft pick to New York (swap, NewYork's incoming)
New York has the right to swap its 2021 1st round pick for the L.A. Clippers' 2021 1st round pick protected for selections 1-4 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyable, then the L.A. Clippers' obligation to New York will be extinguished) [L.A. Clippers-New York-Washington, 2/6/2020]

2021 second round draft pick to Charlotte
L.A. Clippers' 2021 2nd round pick to Charlotte [Charlotte-L.A. Clippers, 6/21/2018]

2022 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City
L.A. Clippers' 2022 1st round pick to Oklahoma City [L.A. Clippers-Oklahoma City, 7/10/2019]

2023 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City (swap, Oklahoma City incoming)
Oklahoma City has the right to swap its 2023 1st round pick for the L.A. Clippers' 2023 1st round pick [L.A. Clippers-Oklahoma City, 7/10/2019]

2024 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City
L.A. Clippers' 2024 1st round pick to Oklahoma City [L.A. Clippers-Oklahoma City, 7/10/2019]

2025 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City (swap, Oklahoma City incoming)
Oklahoma City has the right to swap its 2025 1st round pick for Houston's 2025 1st round pick protected for selections 1-10 or the L.A. Clippers' 2025 1st round pick (if the Houston pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyable, then Houston's obligation to Oklahoma City will be extinguished) [L.A. Clippers-Oklahoma City, 7/10/2019; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/16/2019]

2026 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City
L.A. Clippers' 2026 1st round pick to Oklahoma City [L.A. Clippers-Oklahoma City, 7/10/2019]

All those picks to OKC are unprotected. That one reason OKC wants to go into rebuilding right now - they want to be out of rebuilding in 2023 & 2025 to be able to use those Swaps in the event that Clippers fall apart.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Doc hacked my computer today. ---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:)
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc looks like he read my email .--Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Doc is apprently out. He won't be back next year. I guess how they lost this year was the final straw.

I can see Ty Lue being the possible coach there. And I can also see Doc maybe take a step back from the game, and become a big-time activist. Maybe even enter politics. I think he's better suited for that, based on that emotional press conference he had not too long ago.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he sucked....so ... too bad.--Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has a job already. He is a top level ass kisser & overrated with a known name. --- Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw wrote:
Ballmer had no problem eating the money of the front office thinks Doc needs to go, and Claw wants him to go. Since Claw is only signed through the end of next year, they want to keep him happy. Their future is flat out dead if Claw leaves

So this is allegedly a Ballmer decision rather than by Lawrence Frank the GM. One has to think they ran this by Kawhi since he has only 1 year left on his contract before having an "out". Every decision has to be made with an eye to keep Kawhi and avoid pissing him off to leave.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already he has a new gig. Coaching the 76ers.

Good luck to him. That's not going to be a very easy opportunity for him.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile Lawrence Frank got the Best executive of the year award today. I guess because of the Kawhi/PG etc moves this past offseason.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine:

1. Riley (MIA)
2. Presti (OKC)
3. Rob (LAL)

Ainge would be next.

That is based on the pre-Covid Break season.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as expected Ty Lue will coach the Clippers next year.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got a trainwreck going on with the Clippers:

Clippers veterans 'bristled' at Kawhi Leonard's load management, preferential treatment

Quote:
Players like [Patrick] Beverley, Montrezl Harrell and Lou Williams — Clippers bedrocks before the arrival of Leonard and George — bristled when Leonard was permitted to take games off to manage his body and to live in San Diego, which often led to him being late for team flights, league sources said. The team also allowed Leonard to dictate to [coach Doc] Rivers when he could be pulled from games, among other things. Lue was on Rivers’ bench for all of this, but the Clippers were Rivers’ show.

Yikes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 57 of 59

Jump to: