The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"I'm Trying to Be as Honest as I Can, I Don't Normally Do That" -Mike Shanahan

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Knicks: 2011 and beyond
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. thought that whole Melo chase was a bad idea. The Idiot Owner is going to blame it on everyone other than himself.

John
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its one game, and it was against the Nets. But maybe Jeremy Lin is the answer at PG. 25 points against Deron Williams.

The Knicks are 9-15 and their season is getting smaller by the game (and they needed a win badly after two straight nights of heartbreaking losses). But maybe Lin is what they need for a surprise push.
Paul Jacobi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the Garden for last night's win, and while Lin was a nice story, he is in no way an answer at PG. he has *no* outside shot and his ball handling skills aren't all that great. He's a nice hustle/bench guy and last night was a great atmosphere and fine story. But watching him and Deron Williams was night and day in terms of talent.
The schedule gets soft for the next 6-7 games and if the team can go 6-1/5-2, then maybe the ship will be righted.
Paul Jacobi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my last post looks totally foolish now ;)
It's been a great week to be a Knicks fan and tough not to get caught up in the Lin story. He's looked better each game and his outside shot, which didn't look that great when I was at the Knicks/Nets game last Saturday was dropping tonight in that nice victory over the Lakers.
I'm still not convinced it's totally sustainable,,, but if he can settle into something in the high teens/low 20's, 7-8 assists and cut the TOs a bit, perhaps he can be the real deal.
Worried about a letdown at Minnesota tomorrow and lets hope the return of Stat and Melo in the next 2 weeks can lead to an extended run for the 'Bockers.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another guy who shoots too much.
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Whitlock under fire for his Tweet about Lin.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/february/real-tweets-from-real-people-jason-whitlocks-racist-jeremy-lin-tweet-edition.html

Yeah, real classy of Whitlock to drop a remark like that.
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knicks have won 5 in a row after a last-minute win over the Twolves. Lin had 20 points again. But lost in Linsanity, is that shumpert is back to being to the great guard he was at the beginning of the year, Fields is back to his Pre-Melo days and Novak has become clutch from 3-point land.

They still have some stiffs on the team. I can understand Douglas not being used, but Bibby ahead of him is a puzzler. Douglas is still eons ahead of Bibby. Bill walker can be good one second and be horrible the next. Jury's still out on Jeffries. Kmart would've been a nice addition.

I can see Amare and Lin being formidable together. But Im not sure about Melo. The team has been great in his absence (similar to the Nuggets being better without him last and this year) And as good as Melo is, he needs to compromise a little with Lin entrenched as the PG.
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 in a row

back to .500

2-0 with Stat back.

Things are definately looking up.

The real fun begins when Melo gets back, and we get a world of possibilities. And also Next Thursday against the Heat too.
JAG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A gem from Simmons' all-Lin mailbag.

Q: Is Jeremy Lin the NBA's equivalent of CM Punk in the WWE this past summer?
Billy M., Blacksburg, Va.

SG: Does this mean Carmelo is going to be Triple H the egotistical, overrated star who couldn't handle that something good was happening without him, so he interjected himself into the storyline and ended up throwing a wet blanket on all the momentum? I sure hope not.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By that logic Baron davis would equal Kevin Nash.

Hopefully and probably, Melo will adapt to the Lindustrial Revolution, and it wont end up like the result of the Punk/HHH saga which the WWE hasnt recovered from. But thats another topic.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trip/Melo thing is great. :)

John
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Knicks Winning (or Linning) streak ends with an 89-85 loss to the lowly Hornets. Lin had 26 points but also had 9 turnovers. Also doing them in were 10 missed free throws.

Could JR smith be the answer? He is clutch at times but I dont trust him that much. Plus he brings a lot of baggage to the team that I dont think will mesh well at all.

The Knicks have to keep winning and avoid a Bulls or Heat 1st round matchup. They'll be fine elsewhere.
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps their biggest win this season as they beat the defending champ mavs. Lin with 28 points and JR Smith making his Knick debut with 15 points.

We'll see tomorrow if Melo returns to see the worlds of Melo and Lin coexisting.
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched Smith with the Nuggets, he's one of those guys who can come up big from time to time, but his problem is he wants to live and die by the three. There were times when he could get you going nuts in a good way and there were times in which he could get you going nuts in a bad way.

I don't know if you'll ever get that mindset out of his system. He'd be a lot better if he didn't just want to settle for threes and take the first shots he sees much of the time.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, entertaining win by the Knicks.

Smith does add another dynamic to the team: another gunner.

I kind of wish that Mike D goes to some place like Cleveland or Toronto or some other small market when he can just run his voodoo offense for 5-6 years with no pressure on "winning a Title". Just some team that's happy to win 45-50+ games with an entertaining offense that the local fans enjoy and the owner just leaves him alone to collect talent that fits in with his formula.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: